With craftmanship, respect, and admiration.
We’re committed to preserving the past, to help conserve our future.
While we excel at the latest building technologies and cutting-edge construction trends, Neagley & Chase continues to be an industry leader in delivering skilled, expert craftsmanship to the restoration and preservation of historically significant projects.
Our company was launched nearly 40 years ago with a defined purpose to preserve iconic structures while adapting them for evolving uses. Since that first award-winning restoration project at Shelburne Farms, we’ve been restoring historic buildings with a team of experienced trades who take meticulous care to honor the character and history of each building. We employ state-of-the-art methods to meet the quality of the workmanship of the past, while preserving and protecting historically significant structures for future generations.
At its core, historical preservation and renovation represent the ultimate in recycling. It breathes new life into buildings that have unique values and importance in the communities where they were built. While incorporating efficient upgrades and improvements is a critical part of each preservation project, we make it the highest priority to maintain the historic character and integrity of the original construction.
Among Neagley & Chase’s unique restoration skills and competencies is an in-house craftsman team that can restore millwork, match custom trim and meet the high standards set generations ago.
Support / Guidance
We leverage our historic preservation project experience in the following areas to develop
- Historic Tax Credits
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO)
- Cost Estimates
- Project Scheduling
- Investigation and analysis to minimize surprises during construction
- Creative problem-solving
Representative Historic Preservation Projects:
In addition to the projects featured above, we have completed historic renovation work on a wide array of historically significant structures that are valued in their communities. Notable projects include:
- Fairholt Mansion, Burlington, VT
- The Smith Building, Burlington, VT
- Stephens & Burns Building, Burlington, VT
- Elley Long Music Center (VYOA), Colchester, VT
- Shelburne Farms Shelburne House, Shelburne, VT
- Shelburne Farms Farm Barn, Shelburne, VT
- Shelburne Farms Breeding Barn, Shelburne, VT
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Shelburne, VT
- United Methodist Church, Shelburne, VT
- Union Church of Proctor, Proctor, VT
- First United Methodist Church, Burlington, VT